another great week/end geeking out with old friends, making new ones, and becoming, once again, a little too familiar with the late night shwarma scene.
really happy for my friends mike and vicky and their booth/book/art success: extracurricular activies! i can only imagine they got less sleep than myself with all the work they were putting in. congrats!
some highlights, good and bad:
- realizing mondo posters wasn't a 'walk up and buy' situation, and there was a rube goldberg esque set of procedures that started with a tweet and ended up with a poster in your hand (if you were lucky and in proximity.)
- getting on board with the protocol at mondo after missing out on the mononoke poster, and grabbing a vania zouravliov game of thrones piece.
- meeting and chatting with kevin tong for a bit, then coming away with 2 new posters and a t shirt.
- taking a quick snap with mike and jerry from penny arcade followed up with a walk by high 5.
- creating a 'mysched' on the comic con website for thu-sun, then after 20 minutes trying to access it in the hall due to an overcrowded 3g network and plethora of 'free wifi here' failed connections, giving up and going to none of the panels.
- meeting the super cute abby dey at dsp.
- finding out the art of blizzard was NOT being sold as a comic con exclusive.
- not getting a chance to say no to the incessant red wine glass refilling at the palm restaurant for the disney social. then realizing a bottle too late that if i don't drink from the glass, then they won't refill the glass...
- still managing a hard rock patio drink in the middle of the day amidst lines, lists, and men with earpieces.
- losing out on a madelynn hug for a nathan fillion photo.
- hong's awesome leica.
- booth sitting with derick.
- barely waking up sunday, managing to get a cab, then in a damn-his-lead-foot, artificial fruit smelling state of nausea, forgetting all of my posters in his cab only to realize it when he was already long gone.
oh sd. you can be so cruel.
- - -